Thursday, March 22, 2012

K - Medicine, Shoes and Personal Care. Oh yeah ... and the unmentionables!

Yesterday was a bit of a whirlwind but I was determined to take some time to purge some more things.
That always feels good! (A bit of a natural high for an organizer :))

I had to take my littlest to get some new shoes. How is it possible that children can completely skip a shoe size? Regardless to say the ONLY shoes he had that fit were his winter boots. He was very proud of his two new pairs of shoes and camo. rubber boots; he even asked if he could wear his new shoes in the house. "They are clean Mom cuz they are new." Lol. So the new shoes came into the house and the old shoes and boots went to the trash; they could not be used for anyone else as the boots had a hole in them and the shoes had been slightly loved eaten by the puppy. I realize there isn't a gain here as three pairs came in and three pairs left but the important thing is that I did not hang on to the old shoes. They were immediately discarded.

Then the main bathroom needed a good clean which inspired me to clean out the medicine cabinet. (One side has medicine and bandaids etc and the other has hubby's personal care products and my lotions.)
Expired products and medicines were removed. I had no ideas lotions could go bad but a couple of them had a stale smell and were an 'interesting' colour and texture. Weird! I also found this article about Spring Cleaning Your Medicine Cabinet.  Apparently only 1/3 of Americans clean out there medicine cabinet annually! It is really important to get rid of expired medications and dispose of them properly.

I almost forgot! I went through my unmentionables drawer and got rid of about 1/4 of the items in there. There were items that weren't used or just old. Ladies! If you can't remember when you bought that underwear then it is time to get rid of it, lol!

Summary:

  1. Youngest's old shoes disposed of 
  2. Medicine Cabinet 1/2 grocery bag full!
  3. Personal Care Products 7 items
  4. Unmentionables Drawer 8 items (There will be no posted pictures of this :p)


Check this out!
Before
Cabinet - Top, Lotions
Bottom , Hubby's Personal Care Products




Before
Medicine - Full cabinet
After
Top, More than half disposed of.
Bottom, A couple of products gone




After
Medicine - Almost Half empty

No comments:

Post a Comment