Monday, March 26, 2012

K - Simple Sunday

I love that I could use this weekend to relax, and catch up on some things that have been put off way too long! My hubby even got started on all of our passports so we will be ready for our holiday when the time comes!

Today I was able to go through my kitchen. It really didn't take long as I had got rid of so many things last year with the minimalist challenge. This year it was a piece of cake; I just had a little maintenance to do. Here I was able to let go of:
  • a mug
  • a go cup
  • an old, broken cutting board (I had a new one) what the heck was I waiting for?!
  • a basket that just got in the way
  • two old dish cloths 
  • a water bottle (there are only so many of these that one needs!) 
  • a play doh toy (broken)
  • two cooler covers (they were free and we won't use them)
  • a silicone basting brush (we had 4!)
  • a couple of bottle openers (we had 4 of those as well) One I will put in the camping bin.
I also had time to wipe out drawers and cupboards (not all of them but the ones that were noticeably dirty). Then I gave the cupboard fronts a wipe also. So some Spring cleaning got done at the same time, yay!

I have this deep cupboard that houses cleaning supplies and some miscellaneous items. From that area I got rid of:
  • a white apron that I have had from my high school deli job (that was a FEW years ago)
  • a huge vase (I already have a large and a small) I got rid of most of them last year
  • a KFC picnic bag (had for years and never used)
  • a spray bottle that was broken
  • one of those plastic separated trays with lid that you get fruit or veggies in from the grocery store (I thought that I might use it to take to an event or someones house but really?....
I also found some pet things in this cupboard plus my pup has his own basket full of things. I decided to amalgamate both and get rid of what we don't need/use.
  • two different cat sprays (we don't have a cat now)
  • two puppy coats that Duke has out grown
  • puppy vitamins stuff that he would not eat
  • nail clippers
  • hair grooming mitt 
It was nice to get this area cleaned. It was one of those areas that needed done and I hated to look at but it was never a priority.

I also have a bag of Christmas items that I went though when I was packing up Christmas decorations last season. That is going to be brought up from storage room and put with this stuff and what I did not throw away or recycle I am going to donate to the local thrift store. 



Todays rundown.
  1. Kitchen items
  2. Misc. items
  3. Pet things
  4. Christmas stuff





No comments:

Post a Comment