Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Letting Go of Perfection

Krystal's topic of FOCUS is a great one! She and I are kindred spirits, that's for sure!

Last night, I had a meeting that I was taking minutes for. I often find my mind drifting to things that I need to do, people I need to talk to, stuff to pick up, errands, etc. I deliberately forced myself to focus on each topic and what people were saying. I wasn't perfect, but I was better! LOL!

Tonight, I am oh, so tempted to flit about and do a bunch of different things. (I like to think I'm like a butterfly, sampling all the flowers... :P ) I decided that I have a few things on my list that MUST get done. I need to take advantage of the fact that my hubby is home tonight to help out so that I can get some things done. Flit..Flutter...Fly...

So far, I typed up the minutes (it usually takes me weeks) and sent them off to the GM, tidied up dishes and I've started on some of my other paper procrastination stuff (thanks Worth!), plus I'm going to finish up my posts for today at a decent time! I started going through my back log of emails as well. Hmmmm, I'm seeing a pattern of many things started...not everything finished...there I go again! Too funny!

The point I want to make here is that it's ok to lose focus - we all do it. It's ok to be imperfect. We all are. What is important is that we recognize our struggles, love ourselves anyway and then continue on trying to be the best we can be.

As I type this, Jann Arden is singing "Good Mother"...the words "...Be Yourself, just be yourself..." echo through my mind...so very true.


I read her memoir book last week. It had me at the first chapter. I don't know if it's because I grew up listening to her music and she is from Alberta. I don't know if it's because she tells a funny story (I've heard her speak at a conference once). All I know is, to me, it is a story about someone who was not perfect. Her family was not perfect, life was definitely not perfect. But...she continued on, through the messes, despite the things that happened to her. Because of the love of her family and her faith in herself. She just didn't give up. She struggled to figure out what she was good at, and then...well, she did it. She still does. Is she perfect? Hell, no! Is she the first to admit it? Hell, yes!

That is what inspired me the most, I think. She just kept (and keeps) trying anyway. She acknowledges her strengths and her blessings too.

Anyway, I'm flitting about tonight. I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you all and I appreciate every one of you who take the time to read what Krystal and I have to share. We do it for us and we do it for you. Thank you!

ITEM #1 Perfection...I shall strive to let it go! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment