Wednesday, March 21, 2012

K - First Day of Spring

I am really happy to be doing this follow up to the Minimalist Challenge from one year ago! My goal is to cleanse 100 'things' in four weeks!
Today is the first day of Spring; my absolute favorite season! I wasn't sure that I would be able to begin the Simple Spring Cleanse as today I was feeling overwhelmed with the state of my house, my long list of errands and my to-do list. I just kept persevering and asked for some help from the fam. and I am ending this day feeling pretty positive. 


  • I wasn't able to do much purging of physical stuff except for a bag of clothing that no longer fits my youngest but I am excited to report that I can strike two unfinished projects off of my list! Now that feels good; a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.
  • One project was a proposal from someone that we had met with a few weeks ago. I had done bits and pieces but tonight I started and finished the document and emailed it to our client. Phew! I really dislike having unfinished jobs as they weigh on my mind. They are just waiting to be filed in my brain.
  • The other was a follow up that I was procrastinating on because I needed to locate the missing email that I found on a sticky note in my organizing tote - there is some irony there with the word missing and organizing in the same sentence! Hey, I'm not perfect... thus this challenge. :) Anyhoo, I sent off the follow up email this evening as well.
  • I am also happy to report that I got rid of one of my three email accounts. It was an old account that I didn't really use too much but I still received emails on my phone  and felt like it was just an extra distraction so good-bye useless account!
Summary
1) Bag of clothing 
2) Unfinished project - Proposal
3) Unfinished project - Follow Up 
4) Electronic clutter - Email Account

Until next time my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment