Saturday, March 24, 2012

K - Going through clothing and being ok with the way things are!

Today as I was doing laundry I decided that I would focus on my clothing. I knew that there were clothes in the drawers and on the shelves that I had not really worn much or at all since I went through them a year ago for the Minimalist Challenge. We have an itty bitty closet in our room that we share plus a long dresser and an armoire. I guess I was feeling the urge to purge because I ended up getting rid of a decent amount!

1)

  • 2 skirts
  • 1 pair of jeans
  • 1 pair of pants
  • 3 pairs of pjs
  • 2 pairs of shoes
  • 5 sweaters
  • 4 t-shirts
  • 1 long sleeved shirt
  • 2 scarves
  • 1 pair of boots (14 year old boots! omg)
Hubby also went through his clothing. Man, I wish I could be as decisive as him! He got rid of

2)
  • 7 pairs of pants/jeans
  • 7 t-shirts
  • 1 pair of shorts
  • 1 tie
Today for a moment I felt like I didn't do good enough; that I should have done more and gotten though more. I felt badly for only accomplishing the sorting of the clothing. Then as I was going through my emails I read one from a favourite blogger and guess what the topic was? Being OK With Things As They Are. Right then I stopped beating myself up. The line in the blog that resonated with me most:

"Once we become happy with things, people, and ourselves … as they are … we can become whole"...

Ok, Krystal snap out of it. I stopped and thought about my day. 
  • I managed to go through most of my clothes. 
  • Hubby went through his clothes. 
  • We went for a walk today as a family with the pup.
  • I had a chance to share a fantastic documentary about healthy eating with my hubs and some of my kids.
  • I got to curl up and watch a movie with my little ones this evening. 
That's not too shabby after all. :)

3) Being ok with things as they are. This will be ongoing for me. I have been quoting this one a ton:
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." ~Theodore Rooselvelt

                            His                             Hers     
                     
I sincerely hope that you all are able to rid yourself of whatever kind of clutter is weighing you down because once you do I guarantee you will feel free!                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment