Wednesday, March 28, 2012

K - What is under there?!

Today was a fun day. I got to hang out with kindergarteners this morning! Some say that I can relate to them, lol! Well if enjoying the simple things in life and having fun is what they mean then YES I can. I think that they are referring to my lack of focus tho!  :) I volunteered to help out in my youngest's class as they were going on a bowling field trip. We walked there and back. Walking with 5 and 6 year olds is kind of like herding cattle! They try, but every now and then they shift their attention to the ice puddles. You know the ones that have a thin layer of ice on top and water underneath. They fall back out of line or start running off. By the time we were back my arms were full of shoes and mittens that had fallen on the way. Good times! I enjoy my times that I can help out and know that as he grows up he won't always want me around.



I haven't really been planning areas to cleanse; they just kind of happen. Today I realized that I had a theme. The theme was cleaning under things. As it turns out I had to put something under the stairs and I decided that once again it was cluttered with boxes. Sometimes I keep boxes 'just in case' I need one for mailing things or storing things or for warranty. Silly I know! I got rid of about half of them and they are ready to go to recycling. While I was tidying I found a CD that I needed for my WiFi photo frame! Yippee! I had it installed on my own computer and then when I got my new laptop the old one was wiped and I couldn't find it. I am so happy that I will be able to use it again.

The other thing that I went through was under my bed. I don't keep a lot under there but it really needed organized. I discarded a few items there.

The last thing that I went through was my family organization binder. I have a zippered binder that I keep important paper (school, extra curricular, swim lesson stuff, benefits info. etc.) in. Everyone has their own section. I had some outdated info in it and hole punched and organized it better. Old papers are now in recycling!


Remember how I said that we are letting go of unhealthy snacks (for the most part!) Today we enjoyed some fresh juice from the juicer (pineapple, strawberry and apple). Fresh is soooo good. We still have hemp  n' honey raw chocolate with coconut. AND I was spoiled because hubby made chocolate coconut pudding (young coconut, raw cacao powder and agave). I really like it, not sure the others did so I guess more for me! ;)
Summary:
1) UNDER the stairs: Boxes (already went though the Christmas decorations under there)
2) UNDER the bed: organized and purged
3) Family Organization Binder: out of date papers discarded

No comments:

Post a Comment