Sunday, March 25, 2012

Letting Go of Things That Drive You Crazy

Well, my big plan for today was getting rid of two things that drive me absolutely nuts!

No....I can't get rid of my kids...I know what you were thinking! :P LOL!!

My two old dogs have very old (and very smelly) dog beds. We've washed them quite a few times (which is always a pain...) These beds are in our bedroom on top of that (I'm not able to get rid of that at this point. They are too old for the stress of being kicked out of our room that they've slept in for their entire lives. A mistake I don't intend to repeat...especially knowing that old dogs snore worse than husbands!)



I'd been planning on making some new beds for them. My daughter was itching to help. Remember the towels from early this week? Well, we had two big older pink bath sheets that no one liked sitting in our linen closet. Rebecca and I decided to make the dogs new beds out of these old towels and a couple 3$ pillows that we'd picked up yesterday. We both had fun machine and hand sewing these. Becca was so proud that she'd helped!



ITEM #1 - Old dog beds that were smelly and dirty!

While a load of wash was washing (it really only took that long!) I tackled my other item that has been driving me crazy: My front entry rugs! There are three. Big, black ugly things. They've been washed a hundred times. They move and overlap each other all the time. Little black bits seem to be coming off them every time they move. They are clumsy and difficult to move around when I'm trying to clean the floor. Plus, I've spilled coffee on them so many times, they're permanently stained! I really didn't like these anymore. I want our front entry to be "prettier" and more welcoming.



When we were out yesterday, Rebecca and I found a nice smaller, single rug for the area. I got rid of the big ugly mats (they really were coming apart on closer inspection!). I vacuumed the floor and then got down on my hands and knees and washed the floor and baseboards the old fashioned way. I washed the down stairs as well. The one shoe mat that I had desperately needed a wash as well. Then I put everything back all nice and tidy and much prettier. It's much brighter and I think it will be easier to keep clean. Now the only thing left to do here: I have a really nice "Simplify" sign that Krystal got for me that I want to put up there but that will be the next project of washing the walls and closet in that area!



ITEM #2 - Front entry mats that are worn and ready for replacement! 

Oh! and we got a mat for outside the front door too - made from recycled tires:


No comments:

Post a Comment