Monday, March 26, 2012

Letting Go of Paper Work

I will admit that my paper pile has gotten behind over the past few months. This was my goal for this evening: Letting Go of Paper Work

But first...

I have my oldest son's large stereo system sitting in my entertainment room. No one has touched it for over a year...out it goes...I'm going to take it to work and see if anyone wants it. (If you want it, let me know! LOL!)


ITEM #1 - Old Stereo system

The next to tackle was the pile of papers and paper work paraphrenalia. I have my SLC work briefcase in a mess, my ebooks piled while I was going through them for the summit. I have the travelling filing box that I'm going to use for SLC just sitting there empty. My planning binder as well as my coaching notes are all in piles. Plus, the December 2012 filing is waiting to be put into the cabinet?? Weird! I must have been distracted at some point.

Here's the before:



And here's the after:


I put the ebooks and coaching notes back on their shelf, I put my business papers etc into the box (I will organize the box later this week). There is one bag of shredding that I realized was in the "pile", 1 bag of garbage and 1 bag of paper recycling. I went through the stuff out of my planning binder and got rid of most of it (I haven't used the binder now that I'm onto an electronic version of it. There was also quite a few "idea generating" type things that I decided I don't need. I've had them for quite a while and haven't used them yet! Into the recycling bag they went!

I filed the little bit that was left to file. Overall, I spent an hour with the pile, which wasn't too bad. The music was blasting away! It was mostly stuff that needed put away after the Celebrate Life Summit! LOL!

ITEM #2 - papers I don't need

This included 13 business cards that I found in this stash. I don't keep business cards anymore because Krystal and I use this handy app for our iPhone: Card Munch - You take a picture of the card and then someone somewhere enters the information into your database for you and then it suddenly appears in your Contacts on your phone! Yay!!!

If you need help with getting your papers organized, we can help you get started! Email us to set up a Mini-Session!

No comments:

Post a Comment