Monday, March 19, 2012

Letting go of Towels

Simple Spring Cleanse has started today!! Wahoo!

As Krystal's explains in the full post (Simple Spring Cleanse), this is more than spring cleaning. This is letting go of all kinds of clutter: physical, mental, emotional, nostalgic and more! We'll see where this takes us!

My goal is 100 items. I am not counting individual pieces of paper, I'm going to count a group of items as one.

First of all, the Universe has totally lined up with me for doing this today. Today, we got an email from the AHT program that said they are collecting old towels & blankets for the animals over in their clinic! So, here is the first stack of things that I'm getting rid of: 7 old towels and 1 set of old sheets. ITEM 1








During last year's Minimalist Challenge, I cleared a lot of towels and blankets out of my linen closet. This lets me get rid of some more! I have an empty shelf in there now! I'm going to let go of some of the rattier towels that we use for showers and pass those down to our dogs.


The next item that I'm working on (and this is one of those on-going things that I've been working on for a long time). I'm getting rid of the cruel self-talk. This song came on as I was running today: Perfect by Pink. It is my song, it is me.


This is a tough one for me. I'm used to talking "mean" to myself. I am so much more conscious of it now. I don't want my daughter to do the same thing. I want her to see me set the example of someone who is happy with the way they look; who is proud of who they are. That's one of the main reasons why I do these things. I want to be the example for others.

What are some of the things you let go of today? Haven't done it yet? Set a timer for 5 minutes. I'm serious. Just 5 minutes and go find something. Anything. If you don't love it, it's broken or you don't need it anymore; go and get it right now and take it to your car. Get rid of it right away tomorrow. Write it in your journal and/or report back here! Join us as we cleanse!

No comments:

Post a Comment