Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Letting Go of Old Electronics

Busy day! Lots of writing today! Wahoo!

Day 3 of the Simple Spring Cleanse for me meant letting go of an old radio. Our "space-saver" cd player/radio/light has been dying a slow death...


First, the CD Player skipped terribly and I was afraid it would do nasty things to my CD's (for you young kids out there, those were those round shiny things your parents have to play music! Before iTunes came along...) The little remote thing stopped working so I actually had to go and turn the thing on...manually....shocker, I know! (and yes, I changed the batteries!)

Then the radio/clock part had no display, so you had to guess where the radio station was. Then the only radio station that would come in was the local country station. Fine with me, but my husband was threatening to poke his eyes out with a fork if he had to listen to it.

The only thing left was the light (which was the original reason for the purpose. It's a dark corner in the kitchen where we prepare lunches.) It died this week. I know, I could likely get it fixed (or at least replace the bulb). However, I was only using it for the light at this point and I know that someone handy could fix it, but let's face it, who has time for that and who has room to keep this thing hanging around?

Five minutes later, it was in the garbage. ITEM #1 for today

I will not replace this item in my home. My music goes with me everywhere now on my iPhone. Even now, music is playing beside me as I write. It's like the old days when I was a teenager. I didn't have my music in every room of the house or even outside. My "ghetto blaster" followed me every where. It went outside when I was working in the yard or with our cattle or painting. It went with us camping. It went all over the house. It remains (and still works) to this day in my Dad's shop. They sure don't make things like they used to! :)

As I mentioned, I have been writing a lot today. I received a message from the Universe today that told me to spread love everywhere. I heard the perfect song that had to be shared. So...I wrote an email and sent it to every person at my work. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. I swallowed my fear, opened my heart and shared things that I was thankful for today. I also posted it on my personal blog here: Life is Beautiful ITEM #2 today - Let go of fear that may be holding you back from something that you're called to do. Just do it. Forget about the consequences.

As for the progress on my other items:

  • Negative Self Talk - I was pretty hard on myself today about my hair...if I say I don't care about my hair and then I beat myself up about it, what does that mean? I will be kinder to myself tomorrow and book an appointment to do something about it.
  • Seeing Only the Negative - this is one of the things that prompted my writing this morning. The day was starting off in negative mode - I could only see all the things that were going wrong. Then the Universe smacked me and I started thinking about things I was grateful for. It completely changed my attitude for the day. Thus, I had to share it.
Until tomorrow... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment