Monday, April 9, 2012

K - Still Lucky!

So, I have not been active on here for the past week. Not-At-All! I have felt lousy for the last couple of weeks but it hit me most in this past week. In fact it knocked me on my @$$ and kept me down (literally) on the couch and in my bed. I am not the type to let it get the best of me but this time it did. I ached, I was hot then cold for days, my head felt like it was going to explode, I coughed and coughed, and then I coughed some more just for kicks. All the coughing made my muscles hurt.
So... I have been feeling sorry for myself. I just wanted to get back to things but my body wouldn't allow it. I felt like I was letting numerous people down. I wanted my normal healthy life back!
It's interesting what we can tell oursleves. This was the downer comittee in my head talking to me. It was telling me all the ways that I was failing. Saying things like:
  • You aren't able to provide your kids with a fun filled Spring Break. You fail as a mother.
  • You are a failure as a wife as you can not mange the household or take care of anyone.
  • You are letting your business partner down; what does she need you for?
  • You are letting down Home Care; you know how extremely busy it is there. 
  • You are failing yourself missing workouts, not keeping the housework up, missing a scheduled work day, and on and on.
  • Then there's the classic, "nobody cares or notices that I am not around." (Nothing like a good ole pity party hey?)
I have trouble asking for help you see. I don't like to admit defeat. I want to do things myself, my way.
But here's the thing. I had to let go of that control. I had to trust. And the truth of the matter was that things were ok. 
  • My good friend (bless her soul!) took my kids overnight. Like I said I don't often call and ask for help but this time I picked up the phone. I am sure she heard the tears and shakiness in my voice when I asked if she could just take the kids for an hour. I was just SO DONE.   Yes I was feeling nasty, but most of all I wanted my two youngest to be able to play with their friends even for just a bit. She was at my house in 10 minutes and prepared to take them over night so I could recuperate. (Did I mention she has three children of her own as well!) How lucky am I? I am so fortunate to have friends that will be there for me; when I am at my best and my worst.
  • My husband has been incredible as always. In sickness and in health... Yep I know he is here for me. He was bringing me teas, juices "full of vitamins", making meals, giving me hugs and the list goes on. It all just makes me love him more.
  • Shawna and I were supposed to film a video for this blog and do a little brainstorming. She was kind enough to drop off a sweet letter and homemade muffins from a group that I am involved with. It really made my day. I feel so honored and thankful that these people took the time to send me some good vibes and sunshine.
  • My coworker sent me some texts that reassured me that things at work would be fine and to just take care of myself and get better. Even though she had an increased workload because I wasn't there, she didn't complain for one single second. 
  • I had some sweet texts and messages from a couple of people from my workout group. I love this group of people! We are like a quirky family, lol. Each of us is encouraging and brings a different dynamic to the group.
  • How could I think that no one cared? I even had a beautiful present and card delivered to my door! It was really sweet and thoughtful. My cup overfloweth. My mom also offered to take the kids if I needed her to. My kids pitched in when they could. I AM BLESSED.
So there is always good that comes from unpleasant situations. Sometimes you just need to look a little bit harder to see it. A quote just came up that says, "You can't live a positive life with a negative mind." Ain't that the truth?!

Anyways here is what I gave up this past week starting with control.Whether I likes it or not! I realized that I do not need to be in control of everything ALL the time. Things will work out one way or another just as they are supposed to. 

I was not able to do much with my Spring Cleanse but I still did manage a couple of little things. I was fairly disconnected but I did manage to go though my I Phone Apps and get rid of anything that I really did not use. It was quite a relief really. I am down to one page plus one folder on the next page. It also clears up storage space so I was able to free up a wee bit of that too.
The other thing I did was go though my wallet/purse. Shawna and I are similar that way as we don't  want or have a bunch of big and pretty purses; we just keep it simple and functional (go figure!) Lol!

Today I was up and at 'em and I got a fair bit done. Yippee! Do you have any idea what it's like when an organizer can't organize! Not good...

Do you have those things that bug you that you walk by all the time and say to yourself, "I need to get rid of that"? Yup, me too. So I just started grabbing things that I wanted gone. That included (a ripped bath towel, on old body pillow, a book, a shirt, a pair of old PJ pants, and a hat.) These are all things that don't have to bother me now!

I went though clothes with my daughter and here is what we are donating (the stack to the right and the two dresses:


Which led to me freeing up hanger and getting rid of these cheap ones:


Earlier I finished up going through the main bathroom and decided to get the first aid kits up to par. Here is what I got rid of that had either expired or was not useful: 


I had two kits in the house so one is going to the car and the other I hung up. I must be getting better if I had a hammer and nails on the go today! (see First Aid Kit hanging up on the inside of the cupboard.)


I have all medical type stuff in here: First Aid Kit, bandages, wheat bags, hot water bottles etc. Yay! 

The last thing that i went through were the bath toys. My daughter does not bother with bath toys but my youngest like to have a few things in the tub. 


These toys were more geared towards a toddler age. So that is what we donated. and here is what we kept: 


Almost half gone!


Well there it is folks. Sorry for the lengthy post. That's what happens when I am MIA for too long! 
Here is the rundown of what I was able to cleanse in the past week:
  1. Control (ongoing)
  2. I Phone Apps
  3. Wallet Cleanse (expired cards), stuff I didn't use or need
  4. Daughter's Clothing
  5. Cheap Plastic Hangers
  6. Bath Toys
  7. Odds and Ends 
There you have it. If any of this does not make sense; I blame it on the late night and the meds.! Take care y'all. xo



No comments:

Post a Comment