Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Letting Go of Lots of Stuff

Holy cow you guys! I'm so excited! Look at this gorgeous sewing/creating table my dad made for me from my old bedroom door:


I just had to set up this space tonight!! Let me tell you the story...

First of all, I really, REALLY wanted a nice big space for quilting, creating and working! Something with storage underneath. I talked to my Dad about it, and he came up with this fantastic table! (*NOTE* A huge thank you to my 21 year old who spent about an hour with me trying to get this downstairs....) It is made from the bedroom door of my room that I had growing up. I just love that it is recycled from a part of my life that I treasure, PLUS it is hand designed and created by the best father EVER! I'm so excited to start creating!

Anyhow...we had to make room for something new, didn't we!? It's the Simple Spring Clease after all! I forgot to take a before picture. Basically, this space had the treadmill, my old small sewing table and the workout bench.

The workout gear had to move to the "rumpus room". There were toys there...and an old TV...

The old TV is waiting with a free sign on the curb. It will be gone by morning...
ITEM #1 - Old TV


The toys are going to go to the second hand store. Before:


Toys in a huge box:

ITEM #2 - Toys (the kids helped with that one)

My sewing table:



ITEM #3 - Sewing table

My new Creative Space!

Look at it! Check out all my inspirations along the shelf behind. Pictures of my kids and stuff created by my kids, an old plate and candles from my Gramma, quilt books, etc. Some may think it's cluttered, but each item inspires me. It's cozy and warm and quiet!

Oh, I almost forgot! Another HUGE highlight of my day: My amazing daughter did some decluttering in their bathroom! There was a huge mess on the counter and under the sink. She's twelve and has a lot of makeup and cleansers and all kinds of things. It was a huge mess. I came home to this amazing job that she did:


There was a ton of stuff on top of the counter. Then she got a drawer unit and baskets that we weren't using much of and re-used them to organize her stuff:

Drawer:

Under the cupboard:

Drawer unit:

She did such an amazing job! I'm just so impressed!! Way to go Rebecca! She cleaned up any old/outdated stuff and tidied it all up!

ITEM #4 - Bathroom mess!


I just want to point out that I didn't ask her to do this. I have found that the more I do this kind of thing and get excited about it, the more they pitch in and want to help. Set the example, let them follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment